Do you avoid live streaming like it’s the plague because like me every day is a bad hair, face, or clothes day? Twitter has finally heard us and added an audio-only live streaming feature to their Periscope app.
Sorry Android users, currently the feature is being rolled out on IOS devices. This feature allows followers and attendees to listen to your live-stream without seeing you.
Here’s how to access the audio-only feature using the Twitter app and from Periscope app:
Go to the compose a tweet button as you would typically do on your Twitter app. Then click the “Live” Tweet button as if you were about to do a live-stream.
Then go to the “Live” button, and you will see the microphone which is sitting front and center.
Then, hit the “Go Live” with just audio, people who join will see your image along with the audio waveforms of you talking.
You have to wonder with podcasting becoming so popular, why hasn’t Twitter added this feature a long time ago. But it’s better late than never!
If you’ve stayed away from the platform because of the trolls and their comments, now would be an excellent time to come back and grow your community and your brand with this audio-only feature.
Not quite sure what to say for your first audio-only live-stream? It doesn’t matter what industry you’re in; you can talk about almost anything. Here are some suggestions for topics to discuss with your audience:
- Trending news
- Daily motivational tips
- Business and Career hacks
- Comedy Skit
- Sing and Share
Let me know what you think of the new feature, and do you think it’s enough to further jump-start the engagement on the platform.
I can’t do this by myself, and honestly, I don’t want to! That is why I am asking for your help. There is no better marketing than by word of mouth, and in this case, the more the merrier. That is why I am looking for a few enthusiastic people wanting to connect with other folks to be part of the book launch team for my soon-to-be-released book called “Twitter Marketing Unlocked.”
This book has been in the making for a while and I although I realize that it could potentially help those struggling to get a grasp on the social network and share the potential power behind it, I struggled myself with listening to naysayers. That day is over and the long-awaited time has finally arrived.
And I am excited!!
Share in my joy and help me to spread the word and connect with a community I know can benefit by being on Twitter. Here are the details:
What’s In It For You By Being a Book Launch Team Member?
- My forever loyalty and sincerest gratitude! I will be so thankful to everyone who joins me and lends a helping hand.
- A Free Book – Every member of the team will receive a signed printed copy of the book from my organization. (The initial book will be on pdf, as I am waiting for the final book)
- Connections with Awesome People: I always say networking starts before you need the connections. I’ve already started pulling together a few phenomenal people to help with this launch and spreading the word. You will be able to connect on a deeper level. And who knows when you might need us to do the same for you. There will be a Facebook Group for this very reason.
- Giveaways: I’ll be doing giveaways in the group to show my appreciation for your help and I’ll be offering book giveaways for your audience. More info about that what will be offered and posted in the Facebook group.
What Are The Expectations For The Launch Team Members?
Let’s be real for a moment, I know you are busy and have many things on your own plate to accomplish. So if you are unable to do this, I completely understand and I appreciate you taking the time to read this. My goal is to provide you with enough support that way we can go through this launch as seamless as possible.
You can help out in a few areas or with everything. Whatever you can do I will be forever grateful. Here’s a quick rundown of some of the way you could potentially help.
- Social Media: You could share posts that I will make available (I’ll be proving ideas and resources) in advance in the group or repost anything I share regards to the book. You can share on any social media channel you are most active on (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, with your group, book club, or organization)
- Reviews: Honest Reviews are always helpful on Amazon or any other location that I will mention in time. (If you don’t like the book, that is okay, you don’t have to give a review.)
- Guest Blog: If social media is not your thing, I would love to be a guest blogger and provide a post that can host a book giveaway. Or you can write a blog post sharing the upcoming book giveaway.
- Pre-Orders and Book official Release Day: If you can’t be part then sharing information about the pre-orders. If you know someone interested in Twitter this will be a great gift to give.
- Facebook Launch Party: I would love to have you share and attend the Facebook launch party on the day of the release. Which will be on Sept 5th as of today’s date.
- Share TO Groups: If you apart of any group you think can benefit from the book it would be wonderful if you can share within your specific group, or I will be more than happy to speak about any topic related to Twitter marketing.
- Share Marketing Ideas: Do you have an idea that you believe could work and you would like to have it tested within the group. Share the idea in the Facebook group and we’ll discuss it.
- Tag it: Wherever you choose to share please tag it with the hashtag, #TwitterMarketingUnlock that way I can support you.
The launch activities will begin Monday, August 20th and continue to the first of October that’s approximately 6 weeks. As I mentioned before, there will be a private Facebook group exclusively for anyone that has joined the team in any capacity. But you have to be an active participant or you will be removed. When the activities of the group have officially ended, it will remain open for general discussion in case the team is needed by anyone in the group.
If you would like to help, please reach out to me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by DM on any social media network @AngelaHemans as soon as possible.
Twitter is still one of my favorite platforms to connect with people and start great conversations. No, it is not the platform it once was, but you can still grow your brand, chiropractic business and engage with potential clients or referral partners in a meaningful way.
Twitter has been around for almost 12 years, and I have been on and off it for about 10 of those years. I have rebranded so many times and have made many mistakes over the years until now I am finally getting it right. I have helped multiple businesses grow a successful brand in the process.
Today I want to share with you what I have learned and shared with my clients to help you build your brand from scratch. Don’t worry, even if you are rebranding these tips can still work for you.
- What are your goals?
Start by defining your business objectives or goals for why you want to develop your brand on twitter is a crucial part of the process. You have to ask yourself why.
What is your desired outcome? What do you want to achieve using Twitter?
What are your trying to do? Here are a few goals you can be shooting for:
- Increasing brand visibility
- Grow your practice social media presence
- Growing a community
- Finding referral partners
- Increase traffic to your website
- Acquire new leads(potential clients)
For me, I had a few primary objectives one being to increase my brand visibility and grow my community. It is okay to have multiple goals in mind to start off with on twitter. Moreover, don’t worry if it changes over time that will happen as your brand evolves.
2. Determine who is your core audience
Your target audience will determine what kinds of content to share. Your brand may be about you, but your brand is also what your community believes it is as well.
Sharing the right type of content with the wrong audience is a big mistake, and they will find it irrelevant. The same goes for sharing the wrong kind of tweets will be a turn off to the right audience.
By learning about your target audience, this will help you to develop your brand presence quicker and enable you to connect and engage with other more efficiently.
3. Publish tweets consistently
Have you ever visited a twitter account only to see there are no tweets? That is one of the worst things to see because you do not want to follow someone that share all x-rated content or tweets that are inappropriate. When you are building your brand share content on your twitter timeline that is:
- Interesting to read
- Relevant to the audience you want to attract(For example, if you are a chiropractor that specializes in sports medicine, your content will differ from someone who specializes in pediatrics)
- Shareable and Likable by your community
It is not enough to just follow someone on twitter and think they should follow you back because your bio is interesting and sounds good. Make sure when someone visits your profile you have something good for your audience to read.
4. Search for hashtags
Hashtags can help you discover different communities and conversations taking place. On Twitter, hashtags are essential for participating in Twitter chats that are happening on an individual topic.
Conference-goers are using hashtags for Live-tweeting events. During this time, I enjoy jumping on random conversations happening around the event.
That is what twitter is about as long as you are not interrupting a one on one public discussion that looks super personal. Otherwise, most conversations that get tweeted in the open are usually fine to add your comment. Who knows what can happen, you might make a new friend, client, or referral partner.
5. Be Active
I know this sounds basic, but be active. Being active doesn’t mean spending hours on Twitter unless you have hours to spend.
How can you grow your brand and build a community if you are never present to be engaged? Try spending 15 minutes to an hour daily, especially when you are in the early stages of brand building.
There is a different way to be active on the network you can:
- Connect with your ideal audience by following new people.
- Take time to respond to any replies or comments made in your timeline or someone else.
- Like and retweet other tweets. Find content you find valuable and share it with your community.
It is simple, but doing this daily will help grow your twitter following and build your brand visibility. If you are already feeling overwhelmed by your daily to do list while growing your chiropractic business, don’t worry, consider hiring a social media consultant like myself to help.
Creating the type of success you desire from being on Twitter or any social media network takes time.
It is not an overnight process!
You have to be willing to go the extra mile, to forge long-lasting relationships. Just know, someone wants to connect and learn more about you and your business.
Have you created a successful brand on twitter?
I would love to hear from you and how you have branded yourself using Twitter. Leave your comments below or reach out to me on Twitter