Are you having difficulties attracting potential leads and clients? The problem could be a variety of issues but have you already built up your trust, credibility, and likeability factors among your audience?
If you haven’t then, I can almost guarantee that until you have developed “the know, like, and trust factor it will be difficult for people to want to pay for your services or products.
I’m sure that’s not what you want to hear and you’re probably already thinking this is going to be complicated process. It doesn’t have to be, but you do have to put in some work in, to make it happen.
To help you with this process, start with these simple 17 ways to build trust and credibility of your brand using social media with just an hour a day! Soon you will have a flow of people and businesses wanting to work with you.
1. Creating a Strategy: Begin with your purpose, goals, and what you wish to accomplish. Consider your particular audience whom you’re speaking to, this is will help for creating content. The strategy should consist of at least 3 different ways to start building your credibility.
2. Tell Your Story! Use your storytelling to help set yourself apart from others in your niche, and allow people to get to know the personal side of you. Your story can be the one factor that makes people want to work with you. You never know how many people can relate to you, by telling Your Story.
3. Use Imagery! A picture is worth a thousand words and can grab someone’s attention in a second. Use the free tool Canva and a site like Pixabay to create some stunning images.
4. Say Thank You to anyone who shares a blog post, retweets you o on Twitter, mentions you or your business. It shows your appreciation for that act of kindness. Don’t miss out on a simple opportunity to show you care.
5. Start small talk with anyone who engages with you. Try simple conversations, for example asking a question, like “How are you? or How’s your day going? You would be amazed by the friendship that develops from those few words.
6. Retweet Someone who follows you on Twitter or someone who have engaged with your Tweets. Add them to an “Engagers List” and keep the conversation going.
7. Create a Twitter poll, Google plus poll or just a Google Docs Survey and tag a handful of people who you’ve had conversations with and then ask them to share it. You can better understand what people in your community are wanting and build that trust factor .
8. Reconnect or Follow up with anyone you’ve met online and have had any type of interaction with. Pick your favorite social platform and go through your lists. Set a goal to reconnect with at least 20 people over the next 7 days.
9. Ask questions or answer someone’s questions. You can find people asking question by typing in the search bar a “?” Most social networks like Twitter or Facebook will pull up all questions asked. It doesn’t have to be industry specific. Just be helpful.
10. Be a Connector! Connect someone who is asking for a referral of some type. If you’re are a connector people will want to engage with you and in the meantime your become a credible Go To source.
11. Follow People Back: As simple as this is, people do forget to add people who have taken the time to connect with you. And thank them for adding you, to their social media community Take it one step further by finding those same people you have already connected with on other social networks.
12. Communicate Privately: It’s usually acceptable to begin conversation by DM(direct messages) or PM (private messages). Remember this is not the time to slyly promote your business. You are simply using this opportunity to connect on a personal level. Not sure what to say, thank them for something, or tell them how much you appreciate their content.
13. Video or Live Streaming: Do a mini 15-sec video using Twitter’s native app, or a livestreaming App like Periscope, Meerkat, or blab.Im use it to answer questions asked or network with a new community of people.
14. Be Consistent: Staying relevant is key to gaining the trust of your audience and building authority in your niche. How often are you sharing valuable content from others and yourself. You may be able to increase your overall engagement and visibility if you UP your engagement holistically.
15. Participate in Twitter Chats of complimentary communities even if you don’t have an 1 hour, be conversational for at least 15-30 minutes.
16. Find 5-15 Hashtags that is either industry specific or compliments the industry you’re in and connect with anyone using them. Hashtags are essential to use on Instagram and Twitter, they’re helpful on Google Plus and Pinterest. But not really useful on Facebook or Snapchat.
17. Trending Hashtags: Find ones relevant to your industry and/or a complimentary industry and then jump on any conversation. In real life, this may seem rude but on social media it’s a bit more accepted. People will get to know you and your social community will begin to grow.
- Be the Expert! Have short 15-30 minutes Q&A session on your area of expertise.
- Evergreen Content: Use a previous webinar, video, blog posts, or podcast you’ve created and create Shareable Tips and share them frequently throughout the day without selling to your audience. Consider creating content upgrade for email opt-ins.
Do you want to get clear about your marketing and social media strategy? Are you ready to launch your product, service, or book in a cost effective and creative way that attracts and connects with your audience in under 30 days? Click to learn more.