Let me start by saying there are no such thing as a perfect tweet. I’m sorry to say but it just doesn’t exist. Yes, you can write great tweets that gets more retweets, clicks and increase engagement.
Before we get started with some tips for you to use for your next tweets, remember to consider your business goals, objectives, business mission and vision.
But most importantly consider the wants, and needs of your audience and potential clients, because that ultimately determines how much engagement your tweets will receive.
Here are a few ideas to get you started to writing engaging tweets, more retweets and increase engagement.
When you are crafting your tweets the worst thing you can do is to sound impersonal. People want to know that they can relate to you and the services that you offer.
If all your tweets sound salesy or like a robot has written them, I doubt you will get the engagement that you seek.
As with any marketing message, show what make you unique. Your tweets, should be a representative of what makes your business different from the rest.
You may be wondering “How to do this on Twitter?”
Your tweets should communicate the tone you wish to convey to your audience. If you’re not sure where to begin, start with asking yourself a couple questions;
- What’s my communication style?
- What outcome do I want my Twitter account to accomplish?
How do you expect people to be engaging with your tweets if you are not active on Twitter? Having a consistent flow of schedule tweets is not the same thing as being engaging on Twitter.
Take a few minutes out of the 30 minutes – 1 hour you devote to your Twitter account to thank people, respond to questions, or listen and be involved in twitter chats.
Try to keep the conversation going with your Twitter community. If you haven’t found anything to respond to, then ask questions, to get the conversation going.
Visual marketing is on the rise across social platforms, and Twitter is no different. Tweets that have an image get twice as much response and engagement than tweets without an image.
According to a survey sample taken by BufferApp, visual content on Twitter received
- 18% more click throughs
- 89 % more favorites
- 150% more retweets
Imagery have become an important aspect of Twitter, that the network have integrated the use of certain sites like Youtube, Vine(which they have purchased), and Vimeo.
Tweeters no longer have to leave the platform to view what the video or picture is. Twitter now have a GIF button within the post platform. Now you can add even more emotion to a tweet and grab instant attention of your Twitter community.
Whatever your tweeting, think of an emotion you want your audience to feel when reading your tweet and add a relating gif to your tweet. You might be surprise, how much engagement you’ll get from a simple image.
When you’re writing your tweets for your audience, try to remember that you want to tweet with your community and not tweet AT them. After you have written some tweets to share, ask yourself, “Would you retweet your own tweets, if they were in your Twitter stream?”
As you creating content for your Twitter stream, consider how your tweets will be consumed by your audience.
The more involved you are with your Twitter audience, the more engaging they will be.
Are you excited about the New Year as I am?
Well you should be, the new year brings a new chance to make big things happen in your business.
To make big things happen with your brand, hopefully you’ve created your personal brand action plan.
What is a personal brand action plan?
It’s a step-by-step plan that helps you to develop what your personal brand is and your promise to your current and potential clients.
Even if you already have a brand foundation, it’s always a great idea to reevaluate and make changes to your brand strategy if necessary.
In this plan, you will develop various aspects of your brand such as what are your goals, your message to be communicated,and the channels you plan to communicate on to reach your potential audience.
When you’re creating this action plan you’ll want to think through and include all aspects of your personal brand.
Why do you need to create your brand strategy?
Working through your plan will help you discover more about yourself your unique skills and your experiences.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could:
- Tap into your core purpose in value
- Pursue in market your passions
- build your brand and grow an engaging community
Meanwhile increasing your visibility and sales. To make this happen you need to position yourself as an expert in your niche.
I know from first hand experience from digging deeper into what makes you different and how you can make an impact can help your success as a business owner.
How to create a personal brand action plan?
Your action plan can be as simple or as extensive as you need it to be.
Because I want you to start taking action right now, I will provide you with 5 simple questions to get you started on your brand journey.
It’s a simple question that carries a lot of weight. Personal branding is not just about how you want others to view you or about how others perceive you, but the promise you will make to them, if they choose to work with you!
To get to the heart of the question of “Who am I?” ask yourself this:
- What are your values passion, strength, and weaknesses?
- What kind of experiences do you want your potential customers to have when they work with you?
- What do you want to be known for within your community?
- Your personal brand vision
How do you want your community to perceive you 1, 5, 15 years from now?
Take a moment to think about it and write it down.
Where do you want to be how do you plan to achieve the results you want in life with your personal brand?
- Defining your target audience
Building your brand is not possible, if no one cares, remember it’s not just about you.
Your brand consists of you and your community so who are the people that will be interested in what you have to offer.
Taking the time to truly understand and learn who your target audience is will help you to determine your brand message, how you will communicate that message, and where you will communicate that message.
- Your brand message
Your message is a melting pot goodness that your audience will love.
Your core message should consist of the benefits and the results your ideal clients will be thrilled to get from you.
Now is not the time to just talk about you.
You have less than 15 seconds to grab your ideal client’s attention . This is also a great chance to highlight what differentiates you from other people in the same niche as you.
If you’re not sure what benefits you offer then think of it this way what will your potential clients enjoy .
For example if you’re interested in a new car ,Having air condition is a feature, but the benefit is having super fast cool air in 100 degree weather the moment you turn the car on. now that’s a great benefit!
So now that you know your message should consist of benefits list 5 – 10 benefits and/or results Your clients will enjoy when they work with you .
- The platform
You’ve already defined your audience, you know what to say. Now where do you go to connect and amplify your message?
This is where you will pick your platform, you’ll choose whether to blog, vlog, do a podcast or webinar?
What social media platforms will you use as well as offline mediums?
Offline can be Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or snapchat. You can create YouTube videos, do periscope live stream, or record webinars.
It all depends on the platform that your audience prefers the most. It may consist of two or three main platforms or maybe just one major platform.
By sharing this with you, my purpose to get you thinking about the future of your business, not to scare you off!
This process doesn’t just happen overnight, so try not to get too overwhelmed and do it all in one shot.
Take your time and do what you can, but more importantly take action to get it done.
My question to you is Do you already have your personal brand action plan and if so feel free to share, what’s working for you in the comments below.
Are you ready to launch your product, service, or book in a cost effective and creative way that attracts and connects with your audience in under 30 days?
Are you having difficulties attracting potential leads and clients? The problem could be a variety of issues but have you already built up your trust, credibility, and likeability factors among your audience?
If you haven’t then, I can almost guarantee that until you have developed “the know, like, and trust factor it will be difficult for people to want to pay for your services or products.
I’m sure that’s not what you want to hear and you’re probably already thinking this is going to be complicated process. It doesn’t have to be, but you do have to put in some work in, to make it happen.
To help you with this process, start with these simple 17 ways to build trust and credibility of your brand using social media with just an hour a day! Soon you will have a flow of people and businesses wanting to work with you.
1. Creating a Strategy: Begin with your purpose, goals, and what you wish to accomplish. Consider your particular audience whom you’re speaking to, this is will help for creating content. The strategy should consist of at least 3 different ways to start building your credibility.
2. Tell Your Story! Use your storytelling to help set yourself apart from others in your niche, and allow people to get to know the personal side of you. Your story can be the one factor that makes people want to work with you. You never know how many people can relate to you, by telling Your Story.
3. Use Imagery! A picture is worth a thousand words and can grab someone’s attention in a second. Use the free tool Canva and a site like Pixabay to create some stunning images.
4. Say Thank You to anyone who shares a blog post, retweets you o on Twitter, mentions you or your business. It shows your appreciation for that act of kindness. Don’t miss out on a simple opportunity to show you care.
5. Start small talk with anyone who engages with you. Try simple conversations, for example asking a question, like “How are you? or How’s your day going? You would be amazed by the friendship that develops from those few words.
6. Retweet Someone who follows you on Twitter or someone who have engaged with your Tweets. Add them to an “Engagers List” and keep the conversation going.
7. Create a Twitter poll, Google plus poll or just a Google Docs Survey and tag a handful of people who you’ve had conversations with and then ask them to share it. You can better understand what people in your community are wanting and build that trust factor .
8. Reconnect or Follow up with anyone you’ve met online and have had any type of interaction with. Pick your favorite social platform and go through your lists. Set a goal to reconnect with at least 20 people over the next 7 days.
9. Ask questions or answer someone’s questions. You can find people asking question by typing in the search bar a “?” Most social networks like Twitter or Facebook will pull up all questions asked. It doesn’t have to be industry specific. Just be helpful.
10. Be a Connector! Connect someone who is asking for a referral of some type. If you’re are a connector people will want to engage with you and in the meantime your become a credible Go To source.
11. Follow People Back: As simple as this is, people do forget to add people who have taken the time to connect with you. And thank them for adding you, to their social media community Take it one step further by finding those same people you have already connected with on other social networks.
12. Communicate Privately: It’s usually acceptable to begin conversation by DM(direct messages) or PM (private messages). Remember this is not the time to slyly promote your business. You are simply using this opportunity to connect on a personal level. Not sure what to say, thank them for something, or tell them how much you appreciate their content.
13. Video or Live Streaming: Do a mini 15-sec video using Twitter’s native app, or a livestreaming App like Periscope, Meerkat, or blab.Im use it to answer questions asked or network with a new community of people.
14. Be Consistent: Staying relevant is key to gaining the trust of your audience and building authority in your niche. How often are you sharing valuable content from others and yourself. You may be able to increase your overall engagement and visibility if you UP your engagement holistically.
15. Participate in Twitter Chats of complimentary communities even if you don’t have an 1 hour, be conversational for at least 15-30 minutes.
16. Find 5-15 Hashtags that is either industry specific or compliments the industry you’re in and connect with anyone using them. Hashtags are essential to use on Instagram and Twitter, they’re helpful on Google Plus and Pinterest. But not really useful on Facebook or Snapchat.
17. Trending Hashtags: Find ones relevant to your industry and/or a complimentary industry and then jump on any conversation. In real life, this may seem rude but on social media it’s a bit more accepted. People will get to know you and your social community will begin to grow.
- Be the Expert! Have short 15-30 minutes Q&A session on your area of expertise.
- Evergreen Content: Use a previous webinar, video, blog posts, or podcast you’ve created and create Shareable Tips and share them frequently throughout the day without selling to your audience. Consider creating content upgrade for email opt-ins.
Do you want to get clear about your marketing and social media strategy? Are you ready to launch your product, service, or book in a cost effective and creative way that attracts and connects with your audience in under 30 days? Click to learn more.