Jon White is a certified critical care RN who before that spent 16 years designing and building computer systems in the public and private sectors. He has Bachelor of Science degrees in Business and Nursing and a Master of Science degree in computer information systems.
A Career In Nursing
Have you ever considered a career in nursing? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the career outlook for jobs within the nursing industry is expected to grow approximately 12 percent from 2018 to 2028, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
Did You Know? As of 2017, male nurses make up about 9.1% of the nurses in the United States.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- Jon’s previous career and why he made the transition into the field he’s passionate about nursing
- Potential advantages of being a male nurse
- Why would he recommend this profession to other men thinking about the healthcare industry
- Educational requirement and certifications
- Let’s talk about the Good, the bad, and the ugly of being a male nurse.
- Share and discuss at least one reason he loves the nursing profession
- One thing Jon wishes he knew before he entered into it
- Insight into something that makes him question how much longer he could be a nurse
- Helpful advice for men or women thinking about becoming a nurse in general
Guest Resources Mentioned:
To find out more about becoming a nurse visit: Nursing World Organization
Connect With Jon White:
On Twitter: @TechNurseJon feel free to reach out to him and ask him any questions you might have on his career in nursing.
Thank You For Listening!
Thanks for tuning into The Blueprint Your Career Podcast. If you have any comments or questions about today’s episode, please let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the side of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Blueprint Your Career Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we do read each and every one of them.
Connect With Angela!