How do you know when it’s time to ask for a raise? How will you know when it’s time to walk away from your current employer? In this episode of Blueprint Your Career podcast Tonya Sloans shared some of her best career advice when it comes to asking for more money and a few things to consider before you approach your employer.
Tonya N. Sloans, Esq. is an advocate for women in the marketplace who teaches women how to maximize career potential through her company, PowerWoman Enterprise, LLC. With more than 15 years of career success in Washington, DC’s halls of power, Tonya has lived out the very formula she shares with women nationwide.
Whether performing corporate trainings for employers, speaking to groups of women, or crafting an individualized coaching program for a single person, Tonya’s bold and dynamic way of connecting with her audience leads to measurable results for her clients.
In addition to leading PowerWoman Enterprise, Tonya is a senior federal ethics attorney and author of the ebook, “Signs of the Time: Is It Time for a Career Move?”.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- Off topic: What is a federal ethics attorney?
- Money is the hardest topic to discuss, it causes breakups in marriage and so much anxiety and resentment at work. When is it the best time to ask for a raise?
- When is the worst time to ask for a raise?
- What is your best advice for bringing up the topic of money with your employer?
- What happens if you get denied for a raise initially and how long should you wait to ask again?
- When should you consider looking for another company especially when things don’t go as expected?
- What are a couple mistakes people should avoid when asking for more money and what do you recommend they do instead?
Website: Power Women Enterprise
Upcoming Event Information: Power Your Career Forward (Power Breakfast & Workshop Date: October 27th
Connect With Tonya!
Thank You For Listening!
Thanks for tuning into The Blueprint Your Career Podcast. If you have any comments or questions about today’s episode, please let us know your thoughts in the comment section below. If you’ve enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the side of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for Blueprint Your Career Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we do read each and every one of them.
Connect With Angela!